These Irish Potato bites are perfect ! Little bites of potato filled with ham and cheddar , what could be a better .
- 12 small organic red or Yukon Gold potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) grated Kerrygold Kilaree Cheddar, divided
- 3/4 cup (about 4 ounces) finely chopped ham
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Kerrygold Unsalted Pure Irish Butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet or in a muffin tin and bake, flipping halfway through, until just tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Carefully halve potatoes, arrange on baking sheet; cool briefly for handling. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the middle of each potato half, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edges and bottom. Transfer potato flesh to a large bowl and mash roughly with a fork. Add 2/3 cup cheddar, and the ham, yogurt, butter, salt, pepper and onions. Stir well. Scoop some of the potato mixture into each potato half. Scatter remaining 1/3 cup cheddar over the tops. Bake until golden brown and hot throughout, about 15 minutes more.
Per Serving: Serving size: 3 halves, 170 calories (60 from fat), 7g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 25mgcholesterol, 270mg sodium, 20g carbohydrates, (2 g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 9g protein.