Delicious cabbage soup is easy to make and very healthy.
- 3 cups nonfat beef broth (beef is the best) or 3 cups nonfat vegetable broth (beef is the best) or 3 cups nonfat chicken broth (beef is the best)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- t 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- Spray pot with non stick cooking spray saute onions carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, Tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, basil, oregano and Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender then add the zuccini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.
Try different variations. Omitting the beans. Add chopped green onions. All variants are very good. You can customize it a bit.