That morning cup of coffee may not be doing your waistline any favors if you like added flavors, sugar, and cream or milk. Instead, try one of these five breakfast smoothies to jump-start your day and help melt unsightly belly fat!
Chocolate-Covered Almond Smoothie
Benefit: For only 450 calories, you’ll get a healthy dose of protein and essential nutrients!
- 1 cup – almond milk or coconut-almond milk
- 1 teaspoon – unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon – protein powder
- 1 tablespoon – almond butter
- 1 tablespoon – flaxseed oil vanilla
- 2 dates
- ½ banana
- ½ cup – ice
- Combine all ingredients in the order given to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add a few ice cubes if you prefer a cooler smoothie.
- Serve and enjoy!
Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie
Benefit: For just over 400 calories, you’ll get 19 g protein and 3 g fiber!
- ½ cup – fat-free milk
- ½ cup – fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon – creamy natural unsalted peanut butter
- ¼ – very ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon – honey
- 4 ice cubes
- Combine milk, yogurt, peanut butter, banana, honey, and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve!
Tropical Fruit Smoothie
Benefit: For under 400 calories, you’ll get 8 g protein and 5 g fiber!
- 1 ½ frozen – mango cubes or peach slices, slightly thawed
- 1 cup – halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup – fat-free vanilla yogurt or light vanilla soy milk
- ½ cup – chilled mango nectar
- 1 tablespoon – frozen pineapple juice concentrate, slightly thawed
- 2 tablespoons – flaxseed oil
- Place mango, strawberries, yogurt, nectar, and juice concentrate in blender.
- Blend until combined and smooth.
- Add oil and blend; only to combine.
- Pour into 2 glasses, garnish each glass with a strawberry and serve!
Blue Ginger Smoothie
Benefit: Great for a boost of plant-based protein!
- 1 cup – frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup – whole Brazil nuts
- 1½ cup – filtered water
- 2 teaspoon – chlorella (in powder form)
- 1 large handful – spinach
- One 2-inch piece – ginger (about 1 tbsp), peeled and finely grated
- 1 tablespoon – coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons (approx. 37.5-50 grams) – protein powder
- ¼ cup – almond milk (optional; add for a creamier finish)
- 1 sprig of mint leaves (optional)
- Add all the ingredients in the order given to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint leaves if desired.
Tip: If you prefer a lighter bite of spicy ginger, start with 1 tsp and add more as you desire for just the right kick.
Cucumber Watermelon Smoothie
Benefit: Perfect for ultra-hydration on hot summer days!
- 1 cup – coconut water
- 1 small – organic cucumber
- 1 cup – frozen watermelon
- 2 leaves of organic dinosaur (also called Lacinato and Tuscan) kale
- 1/2 lime
- 7 leaves of fresh mint
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Mix until smooth.