Hypoallergenic dog treats are a great way to show your dog he is loved – despite his allergies!
Feeling itchy or having skin problems is no fun for anyone – but dogs don’t need to miss out on treats. If your pet has dog food allergies there are still lots of ways to help him join in the fun.
Scroll down for some recipes:
- 3 cups flour *see note.
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Water or beef stock
We usually use rice flour for our recipes. If your dog needs a totally grain free treat then use garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour – or check out other substitutes on my wheat free dog treats page.
Turn oven on at 300F/190C degrees.
- Pour the flour into a bowl and add the grated cheddar.
- Add the oil and milk and mix. Then slowly add water to make a dough – you may need more or less water depending which flour you used.
- Mix well until dough is only slightly sticky then roll out on a mat.
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Take them out and leave them to cool then store in the fridge.
This is a great starter recipe that you can adapt to your dogs taste. Why not add some tuna or some herbs to spice things up.